IBK Junior LeadersProgram
- Assisting and/or running warm-ups and breakfalls, or portions thereof
- Demonstrating techniques during classes
- Assisting instructors during regular classes and/or open mats when requested
- Helping new students. New students will be informed to look for the patch if they want help from a peer.
- Assisting the instructors in either the Little Ninjas or Little Samurai on a rotating basis with other Junior Leaders (maximum once per month)
- Exclusive access to seminars and other activities hosted by or held at IBK
- A special seminar and pizza party for all junior leaders in the second semester each year.
It is also occasionally used as an incentive and to reinforce good behavior and growth from students with behavioral and/or attention struggles.
The performance of Junior Leaders is evaluated regularly. If parents have an issue with behaviors at home or at school, please inform the instructional team, as this will be weighted at least as heavily as their performance at the dojo (if not more so). We are hopeful that this will go a long way in reinforcing the virtues of respect, honesty, integrity, compassion, loyalty, bravery, and honor that IBK represents. Not just on the mats, but in our daily lives